Several exams like Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) for the Assistant Commandants (AC) Group A in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) come under the management of Union Public Service Commission.
The exam takes place as per the statement published by Ministry of Home Affairs Gazette in India. The Union Public Service Commission organizes the exam during the time of June-July. Aspirants need to exercise the exam procedures to take part in the Central Armed Forces.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019- Dates
|Notification will be available from||25th April 2019|
|Deadline to fill applications||21st May 2019|
|Examination date (CAPF 2018 AC)||12th August 2019|
|Result declaration||September 2019|
|Personal interview||November 2019|
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Application Process
- The aspirants can be the part of UPSC AC exam on the basis of application procedures. The application form exists at the website of UPSC.
- There are important specifics required to be filled up while registration. These are- aspirant’s name, date of birth, category, qualification.
- It will be required to give an accurate email address and mobile no during registration.
- They must choose the method to fill up UPSC AC Application Form part 1 and paper successfully.
- Apart from details related application, other documents like scanned photograph and signature are also applicable.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants are only able to be the part of UPSC AC 2019 Examination on the basis of the nativity.
- They must be the national of India
- Whether the applicant is female or male, this exam can be carried by both for the posts of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, CISF, SSB, BSF. Female candidates are not included for the enrolment in ITBP
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Application Form
- Aspirants who are entitled can pay the application fee which is only considered as RS.200
- The SC or ST category will not need to pay any kind of fee
- The payment is done with the help of online method- net banking, credit card or debit card.
- Once the fee is accepted, there is no way it can be withdrawn.
UPSC CAPF 2019 Selection Procedure
The aspirants will need to go through three steps of selection. At the conclusion of the stage, the participants need to take part in the written examination, physical & medical examination and Physical Efficiency Test (PET and PI)
Part-I: Written Exam
Part-II: Physical Endurance Test and Medical
Part-III: Interview/Personality Test
The written examination will take place in two steps-
The paper I – General Ability and Intelligence (Objective type questions)
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of questions||125|
|Language||Hindi & English|
Paper II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (Descriptive type questions)
At this stage, students will be assigned 200 marks. There is an arrangement of four options of writing component which is set in English or Hindi. The standard of writing is English
|Type of questions||Descriptive type questions|
|Total number of questions||7|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Negative marking||Yes, 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each incorrect response|
|Aspects||Of Male||Of Female|
|Height||165 cms||157 cms|
|Chest||81 cms (86 cms expanded)||–|
|Weight||50 kg||46 kg|
Physical Efficiency Test
|100 mt. race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 mt. race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 mt. (3 chances)||3.0 mt. (3 chances)|
|Shot-put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 mt.||–|
The interview round can only be attempted by those who are selected and able for the written examination conducting after the medical test. This round is organized to gauge the appeal of the applicant. The applicants are designated by their personality and behavioural knowledge.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Admit Cards
Students who have accomplished the registration part 1 and paper 2 will be able to download the admit card.
They need to check the procedures to copy the admit card from the website. Bringing admit card is the essential part of the exam as no permission is assigned in short of admit card.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Result
The result is scheduled to be out by the end of September 2019. This is the scorecard/result on the basis of which students are recommended for the further stage of admission. No admission process can be accompanied if the applicants applying for the exam are not suitable and eligible.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Cut Off
The UPSC is the only authority that organizes the cut off list and this is the minimum marks surpassing which students become eligible for the admission.
|Category||Paper I (out of 250)||Written test (out of 450)||Final Selection (out of 600)|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||110-120||170-180||270-280|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||90-100||150-160||250-260|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||90-100||145-155||245-255|