Ansar Shaikh is ranked amongst the 34 Muslims out of the total 1,078 applicants suggested by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in accordance with 2015 Civil Service Examination for different government posts.
He is lad of an auto-rickshaw driver.
All the more interesting fact is that his mother works in fields and the family resides as a tenant at some rented home at Shelgaon in Jalna – district place in Maharashtra’s Marathwada region.
About Ansar Shaikh
- After visiting the family when the news broke about Ansar Shaikh’s tremendous success, it was observed that the house didn’t even have a lamp.
- Ansar’s younger brother dashed towards a shop to get CFL lamp even as his parents have the tears of joy and bliss in their eyes.
- Ansar Shaik became the first to clear the competitive exam from Jalna. Ansar had his education at Pune’s Unique Academy
- Ansar, who ranked 361 in Civil Services, accomplished his education in Marathi medium Zillah Parishad school before advancing to Political Science from Fergusson College, Pune. Before that he prepared for HSC from Barwal College in Arts stream and acquired 100 out of 100 marks in Sanskrit.
- It came to the knowledge that Ansar would be unfed for 2-3 days due to the meager financial condition.
- After being motivated by his teacher who remained MPSC, Ansar became purposeful for being an IAS officer when he was in 10th standard. His younger brother, who left his schooling after VIIth standards and started giving a helping hand in a grocery shop to meet Ansar’s expenditures.
- In addition to Ansar, a total of 34 Muslims has been able to get rank in the list of successful aspirants. They will now be appointed to different Civil Services posts in accordance with their ranks.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) publicized the results of the 2015 Civil Services Examination on Tuesday afternoon, Delhi. Tina Dabi was the one to be acquiring the top position in the list while Athar Amir UJ Shafi Khan of Jammu and Kashmir secured the second position.
- Artika Shukla and Shashank Tripathi secured the fourth and fifth positions individually in the examination held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- In reality, Ansar turned 21 years and 08 days old at the time of personal interview.