The UPSC cut off marks considered as the least score that applicants are obliged to meet to clear the diverse stages of Civil Services Examination including Preliminary, Mains and Interview.
Aspirants who been suggested by the authority to get into the Preliminary examination in the year will be appropriate for the Mains examination.
Union Public Service Commission is responsible for framing the list of applicants who have been professed skilled for UPSC Civil Services Mains examination on the grounds of least cutoff marks, which is 33% in General Studies Paper 2 of Civil Services (Preliminary) examination.
The UPSC determines the total qualifying marks of General Studies Paper 1 of Civil Services (Preliminary) examination.
UPSC Cut off Marks – Influencing Factors
- Total Number of Vacancies
- Total Number of Candidates Participating in Each Stage
- Level of Difficulty of Questions
- Marking Scheme
- Reservation Norms
- Last Year cut off Trends
UPSC Cut off Marks of IAS Prelims Exam
- General Studies Paper 1 of qualifying standard intended for Mains Written Exam. The marks gotten in this paper are thought over for selecting to the Mains Exam. UPSC chooses to cut off marks for this paper.
- In General Studies Paper II, applicants could do with minimum qualifying marks which are 66, that is 33% of 200 marks. Cut off marks are not applicable to this paper.
- Therefore, for selecting contenders to UPSC Civil Services Mains written examination, UPSC contemplates scores gained by the contenders in GS Paper 1 and qualifying marks in GS Paper 2.
UPSC Cut off Marks for IAS Mains Exam
UPSC Mains written examination is another step of UPSC Civil Services selection process. UPSC Mains Examination demands nine papers of conventional essay type, out of which two are qualifying papers (Paper A – Indian Language, Paper B – English), consisting of 300 marks and seven other papers (Paper I to Paper VII) are required which are of 250 marks each and are calculated for merit.
- Only applicants who make it to the cutoff marks as per instructions from in Civil Services Prelim Exam can attend Paper A and Paper B of Mains written examination.
- Applicants must acquire at least 25% marks in qualifying papers (Paper A and Paper B) as a cut off to appear in the next seven papers of UPSC Civil Services Mains examination.
- Cut off of UPSC Civil Services Mains written exam is considered on the source of lowest 10% marks in each of the competitive papers, i.e., Essay paper, GS-I, GS-II, GS-III, GS-IV, Optional 2 and Optional paper 2.
|Category||2016 Cut off||2015 Cut off||2014 Cut off|
UPSC Cut off of IAS Interview
The Interview or personality tests for UPSC Civil Services is controlled for a total of 275 marks. There are no lowest qualifying marks or cut off designed for UPSC Civil Services Interview.
UPSC Cut off for Final Ranking
UPSC releases Final cut off marks for numerous civil services posts after the conclusion of Interview.
- Total marks of UPSC Mains Written Exam thought out for Final Ranking = 7 compulsory papers (Paper I to Paper VII) x 250 marks = 1,750 marks.
- Total marks for Final Ranking = Marks of 7 compulsory papers in Mains Written Exam (out of 1,750 marks) + Interview marks (out of 275 marks)