Digital India is the initiative of Government of India to galvanize India digitally.
The schemes under Digital India embrace all sections and ministries contained by its possibility.
Enactment is supervised and managed under the power of a Digital India Advisory group run by the Ministry of Communications.
The initiative as well takes in strategy to join rural areas with high-speed internet networks.
Benefits of Digital India
- It will phase in public responsibility amidst authorized distribution of government’s services by machine.
- It will be processed by way of a Unique id and e-Pramaan which is grounded on reliable and universal based practical and combined government applications and data basis.
- The Government of India has introduced a giant leap forward to renovate the nation into a digitally allowed knowledge market. I will help in dominating India’s worldwide applauded IT competence for the profit of 120 Crore Indians.
- It will help in diminishing corruption or exploitation for the quick functioning and it will make it easier for shrinking the paperwork.
- Some of the provisions which will make accessible with the use of this plan are Digital Locker, e-education, e-health, Digital Signature and national scholarship portal.
Nine Pillars of Digital India
- Broadband Highways
- Universal Access to Mobile Connectivity
- Public Internet Access Programme
- e-Governance: Reforming Government through Technology
- e-Kranti – Electronic Delivery of Services
- Information for All
- Electronics Manufacturing
- IT for Jobs
- Early Harvest Programmes
- To Know more about Nine pillars of Digital India
Some of them are given below-
There include three components of broadband highways namely Rural Broadband, Urban Broadband and National Information Infrastructure.
Universal Access to Mobile Connectivity
This includes to increase mobile network penetration in the country and spread the connectivity to all uncovered villages.
Public Internet Access Programme
This includes establishments of Common Service Centres and Post Offices as multi-service centers. The government plans to establish around 2.5 Lakh Common Service Centres i.e. one in each Gram Panchayat. Further, all the 1.5 Lakh post offices are to be converted into multi-service centers.
E-Governance: Reforming Government through Technology
It encompasses the development and modification of governance by means of the digital knowledge. This contains popularization of forms, utilization of online platforms like a Sales quote software to acquire elementary government documents and services, incorporation and managing of services such as UIDAI, Payment Gateway, Mobile Platform, Electronic Data Interchange etc. use of records rather than paper-built guides and registers; mechanization of workflow within the government, and protest redressal through IT infrastructure
10 more missions were supplemented with NeGP to demand it E-Kranti. It is a significant support of the Digital India programme. Some of these are:
Technology for Farmers
Technology for Security
Technology for Financial Inclusion
Technology for Justice
Technology for Planning
Technology for Cyber Security
One of the highlights of Digital India is to intensify the way into information for countries by endorsing pen data stages and open basis programmes and applications.
This includes making efforts in the direction of reaching remaining zero imports in electronics items for example FABS, Set Top Boxes, VSATs, Mobiles, Consumer electronic and so on. Government support includes subsidies, tax sops, and funds mobility for incubators, start-ups, clusters, skill development etc.
IT for Jobs
It facilitates the training of individuals from smaller towns and villages for IT sector jobs.
Early Harvest Programmes
This comprises numerous programmes including mass messaging platforms and apps for broadening information with respect of government programmes, E-greetings to substitute the government greetings, biometric attendances in government offices, Wi-Fi in all universities, public Wi-Fi spots, replacing books by E-Books, SMS -built disaster alerts, a national gateway for Lost and Found children etc.