The UPSC publicises the Detailed Application Form (DAF) in the month of August.
Applicants who have taken the UPSC prelims ought to send the filled DAF online prior the remaining date in August and as well submit the admission fees of Rs.200.
Accompanied by completed DAF there are numerous papers that are put up on the UPSC official website.
This article presents the whole list of all documents together with the DAF.
There is no need to send any kind of copies. What requires is just putting up scanned copies of all the documents at the website.
Documents for Mains
- Proof of age: You must put up your matriculation or secondary school leaving certificate for the date of birth as proof of age. No other certificates like horoscopes, Municipal Corporation birth records, affidavits or service records are acknowledged by the UPSC.
- Certificate of educational qualification: You ought to put up the certificate that shows you competent to take part in the civil services, that is your degree certificate bestowed by the university or a corresponding qualification as recognized by the UPSC.
- Certificate supporting OBC/SC/ST status (if applicable): You must put up the pertinent certificate distributed by the District Officer/Sub-divisional Officer/any other officer as authorized by the government to release such certificates of the district wherein your parents be present in. In the event of applicants with parents dead, the district wherein they usually exist it will be valid. This certificate must encompass the similar meaning of the background name as printed by the Central Government in their notices.
- Certificate supporting age relaxation claim (if applicable): This will comprise the certificates intended for OBC/SC/ST status and/or disability certificate and/or J&K domicile and/or defense personnel.
- Disability certificate (if applicable): The disability certificate for physically handicapped applicants must be delivered by a Medical Board constituted by the Central or State government.
- Certificate for proof of hailing from Arunachal Pradesh/Manipur/Nagaland/Meghalaya/Sikkim/Mizoram(if applicable): This is for such applicants to assert release from the required Indian language paper in the mains exam. The competent authority to offer this certificate is the same as for OBC/SC/ST certificates.
- Undertaking for candidates in government service (if applicable): You must keep to the responsibility declaring that you have made an application for your Head of the Office/Department suggesting them about your appearing the UPSC exam.
- Documents supporting non-creamy layer OBC status (if applicable): In this case, you must put up an evidence in the provision of service/landholding/status/income from different bases/property owned by your parents in favor of non-creamy layer OBC claim.
- J&K Domicile (if applicable): Students need to provide a certificate from the District Magistrate (or any other competent person authorized by the J&K government) under whose dominion they have lived declaring the condition of taking residence in the state amid 1 January 1980 and 31 December 1989.
- Disabled while in defense service (if applicable): You must put up a certificate from the Director General Resettlement, Ministry of Defence asserting that you were incapacitated during their period of service or any interior or exterior conflicts and were dismissed from duty on account of it.