Union Public Service Commission will organize UPSC Geologist Exam in the month of June and those who are willing to take the Union public service commission Geologist Exam should apply for the form by online process.
Applicants may fill in the UPSC Geologist application form before the last date. To apply for the UPSC Geologist vacancies, applicants should be meeting the eligibility and of UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist exam.
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Candidates must hold M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a recognized institution.
Age Relaxation Details:
Applicant should be attaining 21 years of age and must not be beyond 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Scheduled Caste /
|Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|Domiciled Candidates in
the State of Jammu & Kashmir
|Defense Services Personnel||3 years|
- Applicants who are from General and OBC category will need to submit an application fee of RS. 200.
- Application fee must be submitted by giving the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or with the help of net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ state bank of Patiyala / state bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- Female Applicants and applicants coming from to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes are not required to pay any fee.
|Chemistry Paper I||200|
|Chemistry Paper II||200|
|Chemistry Paper III||200|
|Interview /Personality Test||200|
How to apply
- Applicants are needed to go to the official site of the organization that is www.upsc.gov.in
- At the beginning of the page, access the Recruitment segment and come across the link.
- At the present, numerous announcements will be looked in this page pick the suitable link of the announcement
- At that time glance at the orders prudently before applying online for part- I and part- II registration.
- Check the link for online application.
- Then applicants will need to furnish all manners including personal details and academic details.
- Applicants must refer legal email id and contact number in the application form.
- Attach scanned photograph and signature of necessary size.
- After implementing all procedure for online application form assess just the once at whole form
- Keep the hard copy of filled application form for future use.
For Chemistry Paper I:
- Chemical periodicity.
- Chemical Bonding and structure.
- Chemistry of coordination compounds.
- Acid-Base Reactions.
- Precipitation and Redox Reactions.
- Organo-metallic compounds.
- Nuclear chemistry.
- s-Block Elements.
- p-Block Elements.
- Chemistry of d- and f- block elements etc.
For Chemistry Paper II :
- Kinetic theory and the gaseous state.
- The Collision of gas molecules, Real gases.
- Application of Second law of thermodynamics.
- Thermodynamics and Equilibrium.
- Acids-bases and solvents.
- Solutions of non-electrolytes.
- Chemical kinetics and catalysis.
- Adsorption and Surface Chemistry.
- Quantum Chemistry.
- Basic principles and application of spectroscopy.
- UV Spectra.
- PMR Spectra.
For Chemistry Paper III :
- The theoretical basis of Quantitative inorganic analysis.
- Gravimetric Analysis.
- Sampling and treatment of samples for chemical analysis.
- Volumetric Analysis.
- Acid-base titrations.
- Redox Titrations.
- Complexometric titrations.
- Chromatographic methods of analysis.
- UV-Visible Spectroscopy.
- Flame photometry and Atomic absorption spectrometry.
- X-ray methods of Analysis.
- Inductively coupled plasma spectroscopy.
- Analysis of Minerals, Ores, and Alloys.
- Organometallic compounds.
- Bonding and physical properties.
- Aldol and related reactions.
- Mechanism of some reactions.
- Electrocyclic Reactions.
- Organic Reaction Mechanisms.
- Organic Spectroscopy etc.