There is a good collection of UPSC books considered for Geology facilitating the preparation.
Geology occupies the position as the optional subject in UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Geology is found with Earth Sciences and has come into view as the most reliable and scoring optional subject which is set to UPSC Civil Services Mains examination.
This subject is straightforward to realize, and quite simple to figure out. Therefore, on the understanding that the candidates have weighty benefits in geology, then may pick this subject.
The syllabus of geology for UPSC IAS Mains exam is elongated and candidates might need more than three months dealing with the syllabus. The syllabus of Geology is supposed to be finished before prelims.
Books for Geology optional for UPSC IAS Mains
- Advancing Frontiers in Geology and Geophysics: A Volume in Honour of M.S. Krishnan- A P Subramaniam & S. Balakrishnan
- Ananda K. Coomaraswamy Writings on Geology and Mineralogy: Scientific Papers and Comments- Ranganathan, A. & Rao, K. Srinivasa (Eds.)
- Concise Glossary of Geology- Mathur, S.M.
- Deccan Traverses: The Making of Bangalore’s Terrain-Mathur, Anuradha & Cunha, Dilip Da
- Delta Sedimentation: East Coast of India- Singh, I.B. & Swamy, A.S.R.
- Dimensions of Himalayan Geology- Biyani, A.K.
- Early Man in Eastern Himalayas: North-East India and Nepal- Sharma, A. K.
- Earthquake Disaster Reduction: Masonry Buildings, Design, and Construction- Arya, Anand S.
- Encyclopedia of Fish and Fisheries- Anand, Vishal
- Encyclopedia of Geo-Informatics: Incorporating GIS and Remote Sensing, 5 Vols.- Trivedi, Priya Ranjan et al.
- Encyclopedia of Geology- Yadgiri, Vaishali
- Encyclopedia of Paleontology- Sharma, Vivek
- Foreland Sedimentation in Himalayan Tectonic Regime: A Relook at the Orogenic Process- V. Riverman
- Geologic Settings and Petroleum Systems of India’s East Coast Offshore Basins: Concepts and Applications- Ravi, Bastia
- Geological Maps- D.K. Awasthi
- Geology and Evolution of the Indian Plate (from Hadean to Holocene – 4Ga to 4 Ka)- Naqvi, S.M.
- Glossary of Structural Geology and Tectonics- P.S. Saklani 6. Wild India: The wildlife and landscapes of India- Guy Mountfort & Hashim Tyabji
- Himalaya: Geological Aspect, Vol. 5-P.S. Saklani (Ed.)
- Himalaya: Geological Aspects, Vol. 1 & 2 – P.S. Saklani
- Himalaya: Geological Aspects, Vol. 3- Saklani, P.S. (Ed.)
- Himalaya: Geological Aspects, Vol. 4 / Saklani, P.S. (Ed.)
- History and Culture of the Himalaya, 3 Vols- Gulia, K. S
- Hydrocarbon Potential and Exploration Strategy of Cauvery Basin, India- J.N. Sahu
- Inland Fisheries: Ecology and Management- Welcome, R. L
- Marine Geology: A Scenario Around Indian Coasts- T.K. Mallik
- Metallogenesis of Manganese Ores of Srikakulam-Visakhapatnam Belt- Siddiqui, F.N.
- Mine Closure- Naresh Chandra Saxena
- Mineral Exploration : Recent Strategies- S. Rajendran et al.
- Poisonous Snakes- F. Wall
- Remote Sensing and GIS for Natural Resource Management-Bir Abhimanyu Kumar
- Remote Sensing in Geomorphology- Ramasamy, S.M.
- Soil Chemistry: Basic Concepts- G. Byju
- The Evolution and Classification of Soils-Ramanan, E. & Whittles, C.L. (Tr.)
- The Ice Age in the Indian Subcontinent and Associated Human Culture-Terra, H. De. & Paterson, T.T.