Well-Recognized educationist and ex-professor of Indian Institute of Technology IIT, Delhi, Hem Chandra Gupta were hired as an associate of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Professor Gupta was chosen on Thursday for the time extent of six years or until he achieves the age of 65 years is consistent with a statement allotted by Ministry of Personnel.
About HC Gupta
- He performed his duty as an Assistant Professor involving April 1981 and March 1990, as Deputy Director Management from April 2006 to June 2009, and Professor from March 1990 until the time of his selection in the IIT, Delhi.
- Professor Gupta also served as a Vice-Chancellor of Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, from July 2011 and September 2011, and others. 62-year-old Gupta had their occupancy as late as February 17, 2017.
- After the selection of Professor Gupta, the Commission is now in full strength.
- The Union Public Service Commission which holds the notable civil services examination to go for IAS, IPS and IFS officers, and others, is headed by Chairman Prof D P Agrawal and ten members.
- Rajni Razdan, Alka Sirohi, David R Syiemlieh, Manbir Singh, erstwhile CBI Director Amar Pratap Singh, Ex-Navy Vice Chief D K Dewan, Ex-Railway Board Chairman Vinay Mittal, P Kelimsungla and erstwhile IAS officer Chhatar Singh have remained further members of the Commission.