It is imperative to analyze that preparing notes is the most important part of the UPSC preparation, specifically in the framework of Civil service main examination.
Aspirants are not expected to acquire success in the Main examination deprived of intense learning and without making particular notes and studying them on a steady basis.
Note-making of UPSC
- The Civil Services main exam contains descriptive questions. It is mainly about testing the candidate’s analytical, critical, and communicative abilities.
- The most chief entity to be considered is the time constraint. Consequently, applicants have got to answer the questions fast and efficiently and in the least verses.
- The IAS main examination necessities the contender to think with abstract clearness and systematizes their view, insight, opinions in a perfect way.
- This kind of intangible lucidity and society can be increased owing to steady writing practice. The concise note making is one of the best ways to achieve it.
- The important thing about taking notes with books is the perception of the material, so it is vital to write down what you understand as per perception.
- Re-writing the data from the basis does not help you in the examination.
- Applicant must be acquiring knowledge in-depth about the syllabus and prepare the study plan, therefore. Together with this individual need to make short notes on the subject with the practical mind, farsightedness and with the hint of practicality.
- Aspirants must go through the topics, look to previous year questions from the precise area and therefore make the notes. Before formulating the notes.
- It is must to be acquainted with the reliable books connected with the topic. Understanding a dependable book does not signify you need to root out the core of the book.
- Pick out the relevant information needed for UPSC examination through the syllabus.
- Put on paper and highpoint the most vital point during which it is decided to prepare short notes. The diverse question demands different insights.
- Primarily, you need to look out for applied stuff, pick up overall approaches, and adopt whatever to make a note of, arrange for notes, draw on collective shortenings and then advance your own ways.
To start with-
- A4 spiral exercise book with separators for different subjects.
- Use a pen and color highlighter.
- Don’t Record every line.
- To distinguish the most important and insignificant points, get through capital letters, boxes, asterisks, underlining and highlighting.
- Must not correspond with whole sentences, rationalize with contractions and symbols, establish and exclude the slight joining words.
- Relate your notes to the syllabus
- Study your notes consistently
- Put on the sticky note to enhance new information.
Rules for structure
- Present significance- Final comments
- Adhere to particular contraction scheme and figure out particular abbreviations for regular, frequently-used words.
- Make a note of the earlier year UPSC mains questions linked to it.
- Do take in the arrow to represent increase and decrease.
- A set up of main facts and secondary data or evidence.
- Major Heading
- Subheading 1
- Subheading 2
- Major heading
- Subheading 1
What to write down
- Values, Notion, and concepts
- Main highpoints
- Instances and true illustrations
- Undemanding figures and diagrams
- Timelines and any new words
- All quotes, descriptions, and precise
|+||in addition to|
|=||is equal to|
|≠||is not the same as|
|etc.||and the rest|
There are diverse approaches to writing down notes. Applicant should make a decision on the best technique as per convenience. The two types are linear notes and the branching notes.
Mind maps or spidergrams are the illustrations of branching notes. In branching notes, the topic ought to be composed in the center of the page or top of the page, with the diverse themes of the theme must be branching out.
Linear note taking is the distinctive summary setup. It is a panache of writing down data in the instruction in which you obtain it.