It is India’s primary global and multinational group of 121 Countries and has its head office set up in India United Nations existing as Tactical Associate.
It is intended for generating a joint stage for improved distribution of solar energy tools aiming to improve energy safety and environmental growth. It gives way to its functions being associated with united nations to frame plans and schemes to step up in the growth of fresh solar energy tools.
The subject- Governing Structure entails a Meeting, a Board and a Secretariat. The ISA Assembly offers direction, path, and instruction to the Secretariat for agreeing to the duty in the given line of activities.
Approach to Civil services Exam:
GS Paper 1:
- Renewable energy resources, the location of solar power plants
- Implication on lifestyle
- Knowledge of the sun or its importance (not solar energy per say but the position of the sun, planets, etc.) to Indians in ancient and medieval India(also a probable prelims topic)
GS Paper 2
- schedule 7- Electricity as a concurrent subject
- Article 253- The obligation of the states to adhere to international conventions, treaties and agreements
- India’s energy policy- policy interventions by the government
- Multilateral forms
GS Paper 3
- Investment models
- clean energy
- energy pricing
- Energy security
- sustainable development
GS Paper 4
- Ethical component of development
- Attitudinal aspects of energy use- clean technology, etc
- Possible case studies on Industrial pollution and its impact
What are the advantages of ISA?
- It will move forward towards clean energy when the world is revolving under the influence of weather variation because of effluence from the energy generating plants like coal etc.
- ISA owns all-time Solar Cyber Centre. This will help in getting into to all states for the acquisition of data and guidance on the number of developments and monetary revolution.
- ISA also play a supportive role enquiring about multifaceted/worldwide fiscal organizations to be responsible for advancing to solar energy; like what RBI did in India equal to 15 crore funds in renewable resources is an import segment offering; equal to 10 lakh in the top of solar panels.
Advantages for India:
- This might perceive India as a resource head of emergent nations rich in solar energy.
- It showcases India as a strong contender internationally and could generate job opportunities of a global nature.
- The ISA may well be the commencement of further macro-level study and debates of worldwide resources economy, instead of merely revolving around Indian plans or national plans.
- India is deficient in the satisfactory organization aimed at solar resources. More, the outlay of solar power is not hitherto commercially feasible.
- To stretch to its anticipated goal of 100GW of solar power, ISA may be of assistance to the endowment the volume accumulation and solar power becomes worthwhile.
- It gives notice to the implementation of finest methods in renewable resources.
- ISA is the foremost organization in the world, which will have the only concentration on solar energy, not like IRENA (International Renewable Energy Agency), IEA (International Energy Agency), and REEP (Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership), which encourage at the same time other renewable resources of energy.