Civil services exam prelims, the polity is the central topic with 22 questions demanded from it. It is vital for the UPSC mains exam. Polity is an imperative section regarding polity as being the most worthy and suggested book is M Laxmikanth’s Indian Polity. This article lay emphasize on in what manner to study polity for UPSC exam with the important topics to be dealt with.
Laxmikant Books for UPSC
- UPSC civil services exam prelims, the polity is also of great consequence for the exam. About polity, the most vital and suggested book is M Laxmikanth’s Indian Polity.
- This article presents the guidelines on the way to study polity from the book for UPSC civil services exam.
- The next important topic is in part 2: the parliamentary and presidential methods of government.
- It is must to study the changes between them and also the cause of why India has a parliamentary form of government. Additional important topic includes the federal and unitary features of the Indian Constitution.
- Chapter 36 is very imperative that is required to be studied. It includes Article 370 which refers to the special status of Jammu and Kashmir.
- In the same way, chapter 37 is of great consequence considering that it cites the different necessities of a few states like Nagaland, Maharashtra, etc.
- Adding up to following important topic namely constitutional bodies. It is essential to look through constitutional bodies, non-constitutional bodies, statutory and non-statutory forms.
- Apart from that, they need to study about NITI Ayog. This part is included when you often glance at the newspaper comprehensively. The main constitutional body is the Election Commission.
- The next vital topic in the book comes in part 5 which is the Panchayati Raj.
- The other section of the book is largely based on IAS Exam. The imperative themes come about political parties, political dynamics, election laws and electoral reforms. Anti-defection laws are necessary for the exam.
The last chapter accentuates the National Commission to analyze the functioning of the constitution.
- Next roll up the Appendix of the book:
- Now you must glance at the articles of the constitution. Then you must go through the union, state and concurrent lists which have been appeared in the prelims.
- Make sure to emphasize main constitutional amendments. The amendment procedure is significant.
- There are some tables in the book. The individual table presents the list of the Presidents and the Prime Minister. This is vital for prelims and the essay paper.