Q.1. There is a place A with longitude 060o East. There is another place B with longitude 090o East. If local time at place A is 1200 Hrs. What would be local time at Place B?
- a) 1200 Hrs
- b) 1400 Hrs
- c) 1000 Hrs
- d) 1220 Hrs
Explanation: 15o = 1 Hour
Q.2. Which of the following is correct about India?
1) India has the total area of 3.28 million sq. Km.
2) India has a coastline of 6100 km in the mainland.
3) India has a total coastline of 7600 km including islands.
- a) 1 and 2 only b) 2 and 3 only
- c) 1 and 3 only d) All of the above
Q.3. What is the correct order of river from north to south?
- a) Indus, Chenab, Jhelum, Ravi, Beas
- b) Indus, Jhelum, Chenab, Beas, Ravi
- c) Indus, Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Beas
- d) Indus, Chenab, Jhelum, Beas, Ravi
Q.4. What is the correct order of Mountains from East to West?
- a) Garo Hills, Jaintia Hills, Naga Hills, Khasi Hills
- b) Garo Hills, Khasi Hills, Jaintia Hills, Naga Hills
- c) Jaintia Hills, Garo Hills, Khasi Hills, Naga Hills
- d) Jaintia Hills, Garo Hills, Naga Hills, Khasi Hills
Q.5. What is the correct order of Mountain Peaks from South to North?
- a) Anai Mudi, Doda Betta, Mahendragiri, Malayagiri
- b) Anai Mudi, Doda Betta, Malayagiri, Mahendragiri
- c) Doda Betta, Anai Mudi, Malayagiri, Mahendragiri
- d) Doda Betta, Malayagiri, Anai Mudi, Mahendragiri
Q.6. Arrange the following rivers from longest to shortest?
- a) Yamuna, Narmada, Mahanadi, Kaveri
- b) Narmada, Yamuna, Mahanadi, Kaveri
- c) Narmada, Mahanadi, Yamuna, Kaveri
- d) Mahanadi, Narmada, Yamuna, Kaveri
Q.7. Which of the following cities has maximum northern latitude?
- a) Ranchi
- b) Dhanbad
- c) Jamshedpur
- d) Barddhaman
Q.8. Which of the following statement is correct about Lake Loktak?
1) It is located in Mizoram.
2) It is one of the site under Ramsar Convention
a) 1 only b) 2 only
c) Both d) None
Q.9. Which is the correct order of Islands from North to South in the Nicobar Islands?
- a) Car Nicobar, Little Nicobar, Great Nicobar
- b) Great Nicobar, Little Nicobar, Car Nicobar
- c) Great Nicobar, Car Nicobar, Little Nicobar
- d) Little Nicobar, Car Nicobar, Great Nicobar
Q.10. Arrange the following islands of Japan from North to South?
- a) Honshu, Hokkaido, Shikoku, Kyushu
- b) Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, Shikoku
- c) Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, Shikoku
- d) Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu
Components of Maps
- Maps are pictures enclosing the whole world in its part in a form of the sheet. The scale is of assistance when measuring in a correct way. The scale is the proportion between the real aloofness on the ground and the expanse revealed on the map
- There remain 4 fundamental facts such as North, South, East, West.
- Additional four in-between routes stand north-east (NE), southeast(SE), south-west (SW) and north-west (NW)
- It is conceivable to trace any location in a perfect way with midway directions.
- Diverse aspects like buildings, roads, bridges, trees, railway lines or a well. Consequently, they are illustrated by means of a number of letters, shades, colors, pictures, and outlines on the maps. These symbols give a lot of information in a limited space.
- Making the most of ciphers, maps are prepared in a straightforward manner which is not that difficult to read.