UPSC is governing this Combined Medical Services Examination(CMS) each year to enrol in medical graduates Central Government Organisations and Services.
The combined medical services (CMS) Examination is guided in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in the Gazette of India.
UPSC CMS 2020 Eligibility
An applicant applying for the exam should be the native of India, Nepal or Bhutan or it could also be one who has travelled from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia, Vietnam with the purpose for living in India. Those who are from Tibet and settled in India earlier 1st January 1962 to be a part of India will also be eligible for the admission.
(II) Age Limit:
Aspirants who thinking of enrolling in UPSC CMS must be completing 32 years on 1st August 2020.
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be offered age moderation to
- Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: equal to a maximum of five years.
- Other Backward Classes: equal to a maximum of three years.
- State of Jammu and Kashmir (took residence from1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989) till the maximum of five years.
- An applicant who has not accomplished their compulsory rotating internship will be considered for admission then after getting chosen they will be selected after the end of the compulsory rotating internship.
- Aspirants must be actually and physically suitable consistent with the medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Examination.
UPSC CMS 2020 Exam Dates
Part 1 (Computer Based Examination) – 500 marks
The students will be taking part in the Computer-based examination in two papers with each paper consisting of 250 marks. Each paper will be set for two hours
Part 2 (Personality Test) – 100 Marks
The personality test will bring 100 Marks. Applicants, who have cleared the computer-based examination will be performing in the test.
Part 1: Computer Based Examination Paper 1- 250 Marks
|a)||General Ability||30 Questions|
|b)||General Medicine||70 Questions|
Computer Based Examination Paper 2- 250 marks
|b)||Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40 Questions|
|c)||Preventive & Social Medicine||40 Questions|
Part 2: Personality Test
After the finish of Computer-Based examination, applicants will be induced to take part in the Interview/Personality test. The Interview/Personality test will bring 100 marks.
UPSC CMS 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure will take place through the online exam and Personality Test. Students who have been successfully acquiring the scores in the online exam will be seen in the Interview cum personality test.