CSE will acronym for Civil Service Examination which is conducted on the decision of UPC generally known as Union Public Service Commission.
The civil service is a world famous and powerful government organization which brings an assortment of competitive examination including Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS) conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
This is the most demanding examination in India, in excess of 900,000 candidates taking on the exam.
UPSC CSE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The participating applicants have to acquire a degree from a renowned university which has been accepted through an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or Other educational institution recognized by Parliament Act or publicized as estimated university below section-3 of the UGCA), 1956 or must be acquiring a corresponding degree.
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 Attempts
SC/ST= No bar
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
UPSC CSE 2019 Application form
The application form for UPSC exam 2019 will be made obtainable by the start of February 2019. The applicants must apply online from the official website. The application accomplished by candidates will only be acknowledged by means of online.
- The fee is not intended for those who are from other criteria.
- The aspirants will be obliged to deposit the sum as mentioned below-
- Candidates must pay the application Fees through cash at one of the branch of SBI.
- Candidate must deposit the fee in SBI Branch on the next applicant day.
The applicants will be required to pay fees through net banking for example State Bank of India/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/or through with Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Posts the finally selected candidates will be recruited
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B
Numbers of attempts for Civil Services Exam
The applicant attempting the exam is limited as mentioned below:
- OBC category candidates = 9
- General category candidates: 6
- SC/ST Candidates = Unlimited
- Candidates will be taking the examination in objective way. In other words, there will be question paper available in MCQ.
- The question paper will be presented in both in English & Hindi language.
- There will be negative marking applied by 1/3 marks for an inappropriate question.
- The Prelims Exam of IAS will be including two papers- paper 1. General Studies (GS) of 400 marks, 2. Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) of 200 marks correspondingly.
- All question will be there in multiple type.
- The question papers will be established in two languages- English and Hindi.
- The Prelims Exam will be attempted for 2 hours.
- The Paper-II of Prelims Exam is qualifying in structure and aspirants need to obtain minimum qualifying marks of 33 %.
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Minimum marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||33%||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|