UPSC will be directing the engineering services examination intend for recruitment in numerous posts of engineering departments of Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology, Central Public Works Department, Ministry of Railways, Geological Survey of India, Military Engineer Services and so more.
Applicants completing their graduation successfully in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering will be acquiring the post applying online.
The selection of the students for various posts is done on account of Pre, Mains Exam, an interview.
UPSC ESE 2019 Important Dates
The dates for ESE 2019 is cited in the table formulated below-
|Sr.No.||Name of the Events||Dates Assigned|
|1.||The release date of ESE official notification||March 2019|
|2.||The date for ESE application form submission (Prelims)||February 2019|
|3.||Last date to submit the online application form (Prelims)||March 2019|
|4.||ESE Admit Card 2019||May 2019|
|5.||ESE Pre Examination date||June 2019|
|6.||The announcement of the Result (Pre Exam)||July/August 2019|
|7.||The date for the submission of detailed application form (DAF)||September 2019|
|8.||Commencement of the ESE (Mains)||October 2019|
|9.||The result of the Exam (Mains)||January/February 2020|
|10.||Date of Commencement of ESE interview||April/May 2020|
UPSC ESE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The ESE Eligibility criteria have been given in the following points:
- Only Indian nationals can apply for this exam.
- Applicant should be possessing an engineering degree from an established university or Institute.
- The age of the candidates should be between 21 years to 30 years.
- Contenders belonging to the reserved category will be proffered lessening in the upper age.
- The age reduction in the upper age is 3 years for OBC contenders and 5 years meant for the SC and ST contenders.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards set by UPSC for the Engineering Services Examination, 2019.
UPSC ESE Application Form 2019
Applicants should fill in the application form and pay the fee son exact date.
- The UPSC ESE application form will be presented online at official website of UPSC.
- The official website of UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in.
- Applicants have to key in all the details in the application form intended for the Pre-exam.
- After succeeding the ESE Pre exam, applicants will need to fill the detailed application form (DAF) for the ESE mains Exam.
- Besides, the application fee is Rs.200 that should be submitted to the Visa/Master Credit/Debit card or SBI Bank Challan.
UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2019
The UPSC ESE exam 2019 will be consisting of three stages. The details of the UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2019 have been cited below
- The initial step of the ESE 2019 is the Preliminary examination.
- The Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination will be contained two objective type (multiple choices) question papers.
- There will be total questions 500 marks that are 200 Marks in Paper 1 and 300 marks in Paper 2.
- Another step of the examination includes Mains Exam.
- The ESE Mains 2019 will be arranged on descriptive level bearing 2 question papers.s
- The total marks allotted in the Mains exam includes 600 that is 300 marks meant for every question paper.
- The final stage in the Personality Test is comprising of 200 marks required to be acquired by applicants.