Civil services examination widely known as CSE which is significantly held as UPSC (IAS) Mains, is the examination that is arranged on the decision of the board of the Union Public Service Commission to refer qualified applicants with the intention of posts available under various Groups and categories of Indian service offices.
The candidate who passes the preliminary CSE examination held in June 2020 is eligible to appear in the Mains examination.
The applicant is needed to make a registration for Mains examination with the completion of Detailed Application Form(DAF) which becomes accessible at the website as soon as there is a release notification.
Resultantly, aspirants can begin their procedures for registration from the first of October 2020.
UPSC Mains 2020 Exam Date:
|UPSC Mains 2020 notification Date||February 2020|
|Date of Application form availability||February 2020|
|Online Application form Last date Submit||March 2020|
|Prelims Exam Admit Card||June 2020|
|Exam date of Prelims||June 2020|
|Preliminary exam result||August 2020|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||September 2020|
|Main Exam Date announced||October 2020|
|Final result Announced||January 2021|
UPSC Mains 2020 Application Form
- The Detailed Application Form will be available opening the link existing at the UPSC website.
- It is advised to all candidates to make the payment which is Rs. 200 to be paid by use of online or offline methods. The aspirants who are from SC, ST and Female category will need not pay any fee.
- The aspirant is commanded to be ready with all the necessary certificates which must be verified by gazetted officer citing the date of signature, before reaching the required link.
- They must enter all important application details in the manner of accuracy.
- The applicant will need to possess copies of the photograph provided at the time of online application form.
- These copies are brought to the centre for examination.
- The filled application form is sent to given address-
Under Secretary (CSM),
Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi- 110069
UPSC Mains 2020 Eligibility Criteria
An applicant who has been able to get desired scores in the Prelims examination will be suggested for DAF for CSE Mains examination. An applicant who is bearing professional and technical qualifications will have more probability to get admitted into UPSC Mains after meeting all eligibility criteria.
UPSC Mains Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern will be consisting of conventional essay type questions accompanied by subject papers that are worthy of the arrangement of merit list. The exam will be featuring four General Studies Papers, and two optional papers and an Essay paper.
- Apart from that, there will be two language papers, Paper A and B are known to be designed for qualifying aspect bringing up 300 marks each.
- But the scores attained in these papers are not further considered to prepare rank of students.
- Excluding the language papers, the seven papers with the optional subject papers, are given 250 marks each. The maximum marks granted to the applicant meant for personality test is 275. The paper will be comprising the total of 2025 marks.