The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will announce the notice with the intention of enrolment of competent and appropriate entrants in Indian Administrative Services. Each year, an ample range of students are planning to take part in the UPSC Civil Services Examination through the whole nation. The main goal of bringing the concept of Civil Services is to provide numerous jobs.
UPSC Syllabus for Main Examinations
The rank of students obtained in UPSC CSE will rely on the Main Examinations and Interview (Personality Test). The UPSC Main will bring 1750 marks and Interview (Personality Test) contains 275 marks.
The UPSC syllabus for the main examination will be contained in nine papers, and seven papers are measured for the final ranking. For other two papers, aspirants will need to attain minimum marks announced by UPSC.
UPSC syllabus and papers which are counted for final merits.
|Paper||Subject and Content||Marks|
|Paper-I||Essay ( It Can be written in the medium or language of the candidate’s choice)||250|
|Paper-II||General Studies-I (Culture and Indian Heritage|History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|Paper- III||General Studies –II (Constitution| Governance| Social Justice| Polity| and International relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies –III (Economic Development| Technology| Environment| Biodiversity| Disaster Management and Security)||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies –IV (Aptitude| Integrity| and Ethics)||250|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2||250|
UPSC Syllabus 2019 – UPSC Main Exam Syllabus Paper I
- Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing
- Usage and Vocabulary
- Short Essay Translation from English to the Indian language and vice-versa
UPSC Syllabus 2019 – UPSC Main Exam Syllabus Paper II (English)
The pattern of questions would be broad as follows:-
- Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing Usage and
- Vocabulary Short Essay
UPSC Syllabus 2019 – UPSC Main Exam Syllabus Paper III (Essay):
- Aspirants need to write the essay on the preference of medium and language.
- Entrants will need to write an essay on a precise topic
- The choice of subjects will be specified.
- It will be anticipated to comply carefully with the subject of the essay to organize their ideas.
UPSC Syllabus 2019– UPSC Main Exam Syllabus Paper IV (General Studies):
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country history of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism
- Salient features of world’s physical geography
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
UPSC Syllabus 2019– UPSC CSE Main Exam Syllabus Paper V (General Studies):
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues, and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs disputes redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization, and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions, and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation
- Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and
- Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures
- Role of civil services in a democracy India and its neighborhood- relations Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora, their structure, mandate
UPSC Syllabus 2019 – UPSC Main Exam Syllabus Paper VI:
- Economic Development
- Bio-diversity, Environment
- Security and
- Disaster Management
UPSC Syllabus 2019 – UPSC Main Exam Syllabus Paper VII:
- Integrity and