UPSC is taking up several central civil services and descriptions of the nation positively for many years.
To get selected in the civil services, Union Public Commission Services will notify students of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 in January.
The UPSC s examination Calendar each year.
Those who are qualified enough to apply online can get the job as IAS, IPS, IES and other services.
They must look through this page to interpret the Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc.
UPSC 2019 Application Form
- Aspirants applying for UPSC civil services like IAS, IPS, IES and other civil services must go through the application process which is completed by online at official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Those who are able to the exam will have to go online as no other method is considered for the filing of form.
- Applicants will need to enter all information and personal details in the application form.
- Those who want to complete their form must attach the scanned photo and signature, after giving in all details in the application form.
- Candidate must know the eligibility criteria before going to apply.
- The following eligibility conditions are required to appear the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019.
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from recognized university.
- Candidates are appearing the final year exams can also apply.
Age limit and Number of Limits
|Category||Age limit (up to)||No.of Attempts|
|Open Category||32years||6 times|
- The fee to be submitted by general/others is Rs.100
- The SC/ST/PH categories will require paying the application fee.
- Aspirants need to pay the amount by online which Credit/Debit card/Internet banking or cash in SBI Bank.
- The following stages will be taken in to account for final selection.
- Main exam and Interview marks will be included in the selection list.
- Stage-1: Preliminary Exam (Objective type questions -100 Marks)
- Stage-2: Main Exam (Descriptive Type)
- Stage-3: Personal Interview (275 Marks)
The preliminary exam is widely termed as CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). To add to your knowledge, there are 2 papers in the preliminary exam and students will have to attend the exam till two hours. Each paper will include 200 marks.
Paper, I will cover the topics on current events, Indian history, Indian national movements, Indian & world geography, Indian polity, economy, social development, environmental ecology, biodiversity etc.
Paper II will include comprehension, interpersonal skills, communication, logical reasoning, analytical ability, decision making, problem-solving, data interpretation, English language etc.
There will be total nine papers in the main exam- 2 with the qualification description and other 7 papers are held as per ranking. The able students who have cleared the Main examination will be named for the personal interview.
|Paper A||One of the Indian languages from the list selected by the applicants (qualifying)||300|
|Paper B||English (qualifying)||300|
|Paper II||General studies I||250|
|Paper III||General studies II||250|
|Paper IV||General studies III||250|
|Paper V||General studies IV||250|
|Paper VI, VII||2 papers on subjects to be selected by the applicants from the list of optional subjects (250 marks for each paper)||500|
|Sub-total||(of Written Exam)||1750|